NGT Synthesis is marketing Methaforming technology to enhance margins and reduce CO2 emissions of oil refiners and gasoline blenders, with very low capital investment. Our technology uses lighter hydrocarbons (up to ~200oC boiling temperature) and alcohols or olefinic gases to make Euro-4 compliant gasoline. Methaforming removes sulfur and can replace hydrotreatment, catalytic reforming, isomerization and benzene removal. It can be used as the main process at a lighter-feed refinery or a blender, or to upgrade naphtha-type feeds at a full range crude oil refinery. It enables traditional refiners to process excess naphtha, e.g. originating from light tight (shale) crude oil. Value uplift can exceed $250 per ton depending on local conditions. Will come In commercial operation in Q1 2017.
We can help you if you are interested in naphtha processing, wondering what to do with dry FCC gas, how to convert methanol to gasoline, or break the ethanol blending wall. Methaforming is particularly strong in upgrading C5 and C6 streams, but is effective in the full C1-C11 range, including LPG, pentane, hexane, heptane and heavy naphthas.
Make high octane gasoline from naphtha feeds at 1/3 of the usual cost, reduce CO2 emissions
Recognized as "State of the Art Technology" by Worldwide Refinery Processing Review
Use cheaper feeds to make gasoline.
Increase margins by over $200 per ton.
Reduce CapEx by up to $120/tpa.
Reduce CO2 emissions by 112 kg per ton of feed.
Remove sulfur from naphtha without external hydrogen.
Profitable starting from 2,000 tons per year.
See us at the following conferences:
- ERTC Annual Meeting (Cannes, France, November 27-30, 2018)
- Annual meeting of the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers association (New Orleans, March 2018)
- CERA Week (Houston, TX, March 2018)
- ERTC Ask The Experts (Budapest, Hungary, March 2018)
- AFPM Operations and Process Technology Summit (October 2017)
- Asian Downstream Summit (Singapore, October 2017)
- ERTC (Athens, Greece, November 2017)
- IRPC Americas (Houston, Texas, July 2017)
- ERTC Ask The Experts (Cologne, Germany, June 2017)
- Asia Downstream Technology and Markets Conference (June 2017)
- Annual meeting of the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers association (San Antonio, Texas, March 2017)