NGT Synthesis is marketing Methaforming technology to enhance margins and reduce CO2 emissions of oil refiners and gasoline blenders, with very low capital investment. Our technology uses lighter hydrocarbons (up to ~200oC boiling temperature) and alcohols or olefinic gases to make Euro-4 compliant gasoline. Methaforming removes sulfur and can replace hydrotreatment, catalytic reforming, isomerization and benzene removal. It can be used as the main process at a lighter-feed refinery or a blender, or to upgrade naphtha-type feeds at a full range crude oil refinery. It enables traditional refiners to process excess naphtha, e.g. originating from light tight (shale) crude oil. Value uplift can exceed $250 per ton depending on local conditions. Will come In commercial operation in Q1 2017.
We can help you if you are interested in naphtha processing, wondering what to do with dry FCC gas, how to convert methanol to gasoline, or break the ethanol blending wall. Methaforming is particularly strong in upgrading C5 and C6 streams, but is effective in the full C1-C11 range, including LPG, pentane, hexane, heptane and heavy naphthas.
Make high octane gasoline from naphtha feeds at 1/3 of the usual cost, reduce CO2 emissions
Use cheaper feeds.
Increase operating margins by over $200 per ton.
Reduce capital expenditures by up to $120/tpa.
Reduce CO2 emissions by 112 kg per ton of feed.
Hydrotreat naphtha without external hydrogen.
Profitable starting from 2,000 tons per year.
- IRPC Americas (Houston, Texas, July 18-19, 2017)
- ERTC Ask The Experts (Cologne, June 20-21, 2017)
- Asia Downstream Technology and Markets Conference (Beijing, June 15-16, 2017)
- The 115th annual meeting of the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers association - AFPM (San Antonio, Texas, March 19-21, 2017)
- Venture Summit West 2017 (Mountain View, California, March 1, 2017), where NGT Synthesis was selected as a Top 50 clean tech Innovator.
- A conference of ADI Analytics on natural gas conversion into fuels and chemicals (Houston, TX, February 28, 2017)