Team and Partners
- Entrepreneur, three profitable exits from ventures he founded, including one together with Denis. Founder of NGT group.
- Launched a $2 billion railcar leasing company. Turned around 10 and sold 8 industrial companies, net IRR > 42% over 9 years.
- Earlier at McKinsey & Co.
Alexander Bessonov, Ph.D.
- Led engineering design of multiple complex petrochemical and refining projects.
- Designed numerous individual units for refining and petrochemical processes.
- Certified industrial engineer, including specialty areas of high pressure vessels and lifting equipment.
Denis Pchelintsev, Ph.D.
- Co-founder of a petrochemical startup (predecessor to NGTS), exit at >10x in 2013, together with Alexei.
- With NGT group since its founding in 2006.
- Earlier – CEO of NIPTIEP Science and Technology Institute.
- Invented and implemented an oil spill clean-up technology.
Stephen P. Sims
- Career with major oil companies: Exxon, Citgo, ConocoPhillips.
- Technical manager at 15k bpd, 120k bpd, 200k bpd refineries. Led strategy development for major refinery upgrades (projects up to $4.5 billion).
- Sold two technology licensing businesses for $25 million.
- Energy Advisor at Houston Technology Center, independent refining consultant for the World Bank.
Held senior executive positions in tech development, operations and sales at oil refineries (Citgo), refining technology developers (Hydrocarbon Research) and engineering companies (Kesler Engineering).
- Author of Refining chapter for ASTM Fuels and Lubricants Handbook, numerous technical journal publications.
- Author of 15 patents in refinery process and fuel product improvement.
Martin van Sickels
President of MVS Consulting LLC.
Was member of Executive Committee, VP and Chief Technology Officer at KBR, Inc. (a $7+ billion EPC company with a strong presence in oil refining) and held other senior management positions at KBR and its legacy companies.
Was responsible for all of KBR’s licensed and special execution technologies worldwide e.g. refining, GTL, synthetic fuels and others. Responsible for KBR Technology Development Center; member of the Inquiry Review and Pricing Committees and Chairman of Technology Screening and Patent Committees.
Author of 20 papers and published report chapters.
Engineering and Technology Development: